Sunday, March 16, 2008

Heart to Heart

Today in our Sunday School Parenting class, we learned about communicating with love. So I made a sign to post on my fridge to remind me that:

As a parent and spouse I should try to be:
Slow to Condemn
Forgiving
Compassionate
Considerate
Willing to Return Good for Evil
Loving
Appreciative
Eager to Serve
Willing to Sacrifice
Effective communication is a natural outcome when we develop Christ-like attributes of faith, hope, charity, love, an eye single to the glory of God, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, humility, and diligence.

So, I've posted this sign on my fridge, and have decided to try to read it often .... when I find myself not communicating with love, if I look at this sign it will remind me to be more Christlike, especially with my children. (I especially like "eager to serve" and "slow to condemn")

My personal goal for this week is to communicate with more love toward Matt and the girls .... (I'll let you know how it goes ....)

4 little comments:

Veronique said...

That's great. Are Sister and Brother Blackner teaching this class in your ward? They taught the course in our ward last time. It was great. Enjoy.

Honor said...

Yep ... they're really nice.

emily :) said...

Good Reminders! I might have to copy, paste, print and add it to my fridge too! :) Thank you!

Judie and George said...

This is nice, and a worthy goal.