Today was a half day ... conferences...so I got to go to school and have a conference with both Brielle and Linzi's teachers. The whole way there Brielle (2 min. drive) was telling me she was so nervous and she hoped I wouldn't get mad at her if she didn't do well (drama queen?)(and when have I ever gotten "mad" at her for getting bad grades? She's in 2nd grade for goodness sake) ... of course I wouldn't and didn't.
Mrs. Whalen, Brielle's 2nd grade teacher, said she was doing outstanding in every area. (They don't use numbers now, they use "S" for satisfactory and "O" for outstanding, and some others below those) She's reading at a 6th grade level which is way above what she needs to be at by the end of the year, so that was great. She also said Brielle is a peer tutor for other kids in her grade. She said Brielle is a social butterfly and sometimes talks a lot, (talks a lot? What? Brielle? No...) and she also said Brielle tries to get done super fast and doesn't pay close attention to her work sometimes ... but she got all "O"s so that's good.
Miss Snyder, Linzi's Kindergarten teacher, had equally great things to say about Linzi. She's doing outstanding in all areas, she helps in the classroom, she has lots of friends, and she's never been a problem. She said that Linzi excels in all her work. Sometimes she tries to hurry through her work and doesn't write too legibly, but in general, she is doing really great. She did say that Linzi was going to be moving up to 1st grade reading, which Linzi was happy with herself about.
All in all, I think I have 2 great school kids on my hands. (whew!) Now, why can't they be so perfect at home? That's one for further pondering.
(hope this wasn't too much bragging ... a mom's allowed, right?)
4 months ago

5 little comments:
Yeah girls! Our conferences are the last week in March...fun! :)
Honor, I have just got to say that your blog posting titles are very "punny" (pun intended) ;) Blog on!
Tell the girls I am thrilled with their success! It's always so nice to hear those wonderful words at conference time. It makes it an event to anticipate instead of dread. Yours were always good too! You can tell them that.
Your new background is perfect for a sugar and spice family such as yours. I am sure Matt is very used to girly stuff, since he is surrounded by his adoring wife and daughters.
I agree with you !! I have just had parent teacher conferences too!! I have a 3rd grader, a 2nd grader and a Kinder- My second grader is reading at a 6th grade level as well!! Nothing makes you feel better, as a parent, than hearing good reports on our children-- while we aren't close by. Kudos to your girls!!!
Post a Comment