Sunday, March 9, 2008

"I want to Leave!"

"Let's go!"
"Noooooo"
"You're hurting me"
~kick~
"(cry, cry, sob sob)"
"I want toooooo leeeave"

These are just some of the things that I got to hear during Stake Conference today. Luckily, Aunt Karen sat with us, so she kept Brielle and Linzi busy. (Thanks Aunt Karen) ... the little girls, however, kept Mom and Dad busy. Kate was tired and wanted to be held and fed. After I fed her she just wanted to walk around outside. Tessa ..... well, she's the one who blessed us with all the choice phrases today. For some reason, she was finding that sitting in our seats was offensive. Toward the end, the whining was coming at a constant flow. Siri's blog did remind me, however, that it isn't about getting anything spiritual out of conference, it's the act of being obedient and going. Right? (right?) Maybe if I keep telling myself that I will be able to manage to want to go next time. (it can only get better is what I keep telling myself, even though, secretly I know it CAN get worse.)

Lovely day.

2 little comments:

Veronique said...

It must be hard with four kids. Monique of course did great and Jacob and Eliza behaved surprisingly well. It was a wonderful conference. Were you able to attend the Saturday evening adult session? It was WONDERFUL. There was wondeful encouragment. I took lots of notes, I would love to share them with you. There was wonderful counsel given to parents with children. How to teach them to feel the spirit. Blessings promised for becoming a "Preach my Gospel" family.

Siri said...

I have to tell you that yesterday I was also reminding myself of what my stake president had said last week. Jack is not easy at church.