Saturday, March 8, 2008

"S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y ...Night"

Well, today felt like the longest day. I don't even know why necessarily. Matt had to work a side job and left just after 5:00 this morning, so he wasn't home the whole day. (actually, he just got home at 8:00) The girls woke up very early. I really wish they'd recognize the value of sleeping in. Not yet. We didn't do much all day, until 4:00 when we went to Jessica's so all the kids could play ... they needed to get some energy out. We got home around the same time Matt did ... so I guess that last part of the day went more quickly because I had another adult to talk to, but in general, this day has been very slow.

Hmm .... I wonder why some days seem to fly by and others seem to last FOREVER. Maybe it's the mood I'm in or something. Interesting.

Anyway, not much to talk about. Kate's crying at my legs right now, so I guess I should pick the sweet thing up. (I'm trying to write once a day this month, so here is my pitiful attempt for today.)

Tomorrow will be great! A new day.

3 little comments:

Wendy said...

I wonder the same thing -- about why some days go by slower than others and vice versa!!

You have such beautiful girls!! And I love their names too --

Judie and George said...

Do you remember that old Kenny Rogers song, "Some days are diamonds, and some days are stones?" Actually, I think of those long days as desert wastelands to be crossed! Sometimes it's about not having anything to look forward to that makes them long. You need to find a treat for yourself. It could be something good to eat, but it doesn't have to be. A good book does as well as a reward. The best is some quiet time and that's pretty hard to come by with a busy family. . . or old ladies!

emily :) said...

Love your advice mom! :)