Monday, March 10, 2008

Sew ... What Did You Do Today?

Bright blues and patterned
which way should they turn
Cut out the squares very carefully
Wonder which way the layout should be
Put this one here, and add that one there
What should I do with this patterned square
Maybe this one could fit in right here
How will the finished blanket appear
There, that seems just about right
put the pins in, don't pull too tight
stitch each straight line
hmm ... that looks fine
a border or two
either will do
top is complete
looks kinda sweet
will everyone know
I tried hard to show
this thing that I built
love in a quilt

6 little comments:

Judie and George said...

Just like I said earlier, you are very creative.

emily :) said...

I would love to see the finished product! I need to make more time for sewing...I really do enjoy it! :)

Kara said...

Looks a lot like my life the past couple days. I've been sewing baby blankets and nursing cover-up blankets. It's hard sewing with kids around! How do you do it?

Kara said...

Gavin likes looking at your blog. He sees your girls pictures and says "my friends". It's really cute.

Andrew and Cori said...

I like your new machine. I had to use mine today too... well, mostly the Beehives used it for their pajama pants. I only used it when they needed help or couldn't get it to work right. I can't even remember the last time I used it to do something other than put tucks in pants for Callie!

Honor said...

sewing with kids is definitely interesting ... I just get 10 minutes here and a half hour there ... never a solid block of time. If I did I could probably finish things WAY faster.