Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weaning Woes


I am sitting here on the computer right now and Kate is screaming her head off in my bedroom in HER bed. I am going to wean her. The first step, I decided, was to stop feeding her so many times at night. So I fed her twice before bed, she fell asleep, and I put her in her bed. When she woke up a half hour ago, I offered her a sippy cup with water, which she just swatted at. Then she cried for 15 minutes. You'd think it would get quieter, and she would fall asleep, but I think it got louder and more angry ... so then I picked her up and rocked her for ten minutes, and thought I had just about gotten her back to sleep, but when I went to lay her down, she freaked. I offered her the sippy again and she just got even more mad. So I put her back in her bed and now she is just screaming.

I hate this.

I think my heart is breaking.

Poor baby.

But she needs to sleep on her own and I can't nurse her forever .... right? She's 15 months old; it's time I think.

This is so hard.

3 little comments:

Becky said...

I'm so sorry! That is so tough! *hugs*

Kelli said...

I have igoogle. I have google reader but do I know you have about 4 posts I have not seen. Ithought everyone was too busy to blog these days. I thought it must be a winter thing. I decided to just check and see if your blogging and sure enough you are.

Sorry about the night times. Good luck. You can do it.

Judie and George said...

Never mind, just keep going, and you will both survive. Remember that crying is nothing more than temper and a desire to exercise control over you. She wants to be in charge.