I was really busy yesterday, so I didn't get to post to my dear sister on her birthday. (I did talk to her several times though)
What can I say about my little sister? Growing up, we weren't exactly friends ... I think I was always annoyed if she wanted to do the same things as me ... you know, typical sister stuff. Now, a day doesn't pass that I don't talk to her (almost!). We have so much in common now, and the things we do the same only make me want to talk to her more. I guess we have the opposite relationship we used to. Cori is one of the first people I think to call for anything; whether it be good news, bad news, questions about sick kids, venting, or if I'm just bored. And I always feel better or glad that I talked to her.
I wish she didn't live in St. George (it's nice to visit, but TOO far). I wish our girls (she also has all girls ... 3 adorable little nieces) could see each other more, but the times they do, it's so fun and everyone has a good time. I love the fact that my girls know I talk to Aunt Cori all the time ... hopefully someday they'll recognize the importance that sisters play in our lives, and pattern their relationships after ours.
Truly, Cori is one of my best friends. I am so happy that she's my sister. I am so proud of the way she has become a beautiful woman, a thoughtful mother, a kind and loving wife, and a sweet little sister. She is one of the best people I know.
Happy 29th birthday Cori ... I hope it was great! I love you.

0 little comments:
Post a Comment