Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Reading Pays Off

Well, I know that to be true ... but now the big girls do too.

Today was school conferences with Brielle and Linzi's teachers. They both got raving reviews. I am happy about that. (sorry if it seems like I'm bragging ... I'm just pleased with the job they've done) Brielle has already passed what the goals are for this grade and the next. (in reading she's into 6th already) Linzi has already passed her first grade's goals and is reading almost at a 3rd grade level.

I tell you this, not to say how smart they are, (but wow ... aren't they doing swell?) but to show you how much reading in the home really pays off. I haven't necessarily sat down with them and read every minute or done flash cards or anything ... but I think in general we read a lot. Now they aren't having problems, which I am so happy about. I think it must be because we read.

It's nice to not have to worry about this aspect of life. Hopefully they keep up the good work and continue to want to do well in school!

1 little comments:

emily :) said...

There are good times and bad times during our journey called motherhood! Yesterday wasn't so hot...however, today you have shown what a dedicated mother you really are!! :)