So I have been buying Christmas presents in preparation for the holidays for a little while. This weekend I went to Joann's for the Midnight Madness sale and got one of the last things I needed 50% off. At this point, I only need one more gift, and then I have to finish sewing 3 things ... and then a few little odds and ends (you can guess where those go) and I'm done. I have never been finished this early before Christmas. I'm kind of excited! I won't have to go to the horrible after Thanksgiving sales and stand in line for an hour. Yeah for me! (sorry I'm tooting my own horn ... but I am REALLY glad to be almost done)
I always stress over Christmas and worry about getting everything bought ... so this year I organized a list, figured out what each girl was getting, and that made it so much easier.
Now I can focus on baking! That's one of my favorite parts!
I want to try to do some sort of "12 Days of Christmas" thing for the girls this year ... anyone have any good ideas? (it could be little stories or scriptures or activities)
Don't forget to go over and enter the giveaways at Leelou Blogs!


3 little comments:
I love shopping through out the year too and have not done so well this year..I have a few things checked off but not nearly down to one last thing! I am feeling green, very green :) good job on your part, and baking is my favorite thing too! Now you can simply enjoy the season and not be totally stressed out!
I am glad someone is up on things this year. I haven't managed to shop at all since I have been home with Mom. This year is going to be different for me, shopping-wise. You are smart to relieve yourself of the stress.
you're very wise honor. i wish i could say the same for myself. i still am drawing a blank on what to buy for my kids. they already have so much. i dont want to buy toys because they play with them for a day and then they are done with them. we already have so many toys. how did you get a list of what to buy the girls so early??? tell me your secrets please!
Post a Comment