This is sort of a middle reader "Harry Potter" type of book. Adventure and mystery; a little bit of the "supernatural." I really liked it and at times couldn't put it down. It's about a 13 year old boy, Atticus Higginbottom. He receives a letter from an unknown source, M.G. It tells him that he was selected to help in some great cause that will save many lives. It will be dangerous and hard. If he wants to continue, he will receive 12 (or 13?) more letters that tell him what to do. Atticus, of course, decides to do whatever it is this M.G. is trying to get him to, so the book is about his adventure.
Understanding the Signs of the Times, Donald Parry-Jay Perry
This is an LDS book about the signs of the times talked about in the Bible and Book of Mormon, and by many prophets. I read it for a lesson I'm teaching next month in RS. It was actually really very interesting and I learned a lot!

0 little comments:
Post a Comment