So today was pajama day at school. Brielle and Linzi were very excited and had decided which pajamas to wear earlier in the week. Last night Brielle wore hers to bed, so she wouldn't have to "get dressed" this morning. Linzi put on her clean pajamas this morning.
Normally, the girls all get dressed, and then we head off to school. Today, Tessa seemed especially perplexed as to why the big girls weren't getting "dressed." She kept telling them to put on their clothes, and that they couldn't wear their pajamas to school. Finally, I convinced Tessa that it was okay.
We headed off to school, with the girls in their pj's and no coats, because they had bath robes ... "bath robes are like a coat, Mom." As we drove up, Brielle was nervous no one else would be wearing pajamas and she would be embarrassed ... but fortunately, we pulled up to the gate and saw lots of pajama wearing people. Even the playground teachers had their pajamas on.
The girls were very thrilled as they jumped out of the van and into Pajamaland.
Do you think I could get away with having a "pajama day?" What would people say if I wore pajamas to the store? (I've seen people do it) I'm pretty sure I would never do that (well, positive actually ... I hate that). It is, however, a great idea for school ... Brielle and Linzi were very enthusiastic this morning.
That's a good thing.
4 months ago

6 little comments:
We should submit a "National Pajama Day"! There are all sorts of silly days out there...like Share a Smile Day and Sandwich Day...why not Pajama Day! :) I know I would have a hard time walking around in my PJs at the store...I even have a hard time going to the store in my work-out sweats! Something to do with "Never wear sweats in public!" rule...however, like you, Honor, I have seen many people do it and worse! :)
Sounds like fun to me. I've had lots of days when I didn't get dressed, although not lately. Since I started walking I am up and dressed most days. I remember lots of days when I just didn't, and I liked it.
my boys wouldnt wear pj's on those days............hehe
i love it..."its like a coat mom". too cute.
That is so cute. If only there was a way to get kids excited about school everyday!
I wish I could wear my PJ's to school. That was brave of Brielle! I wonder what she would have done if she was the only one?
Post a Comment