Well, I didn't actually say anything about Mother's Day on here. So, I thought I should just mention how nice mine was.
Matt was a great husband and of course, did more than I needed. He took all the girls to the mall and they each picked out a little Willow Tree angel for me ... they all had a specific explanation on why each was chosen, which I thought was cute. (they got me cards too ... for some reason, I really like cards)

Then, because our our washer failed ... we got the new ones, and Matt spent all day Saturday putting them in. (except for when he watched the girls so I could go to the mall with my mom, and to a "Mother's Day Tea" at my grandma's retirement home) He even put in a light overhead of the new ones, built a platform so they are up off the floor and I don't have to bend down to get to them (the new ones are front loaders), and cleaned up the whole area. Above and beyond I thought. (as you can see, they're already in full use, with the laundry piled on top and both filled .... why can't I keep it up better?
uggghhh)
Then, the girls made thoughtful things in school (Linzi a hand print, Brielle a nice card) and at church (coupon books ... Brielle says hers are good until she's 19 ... I think I'm going to save the "doing dishes" and "doing the laundry" ones until she's a teenager ... what do you think she'll do when I whip those babies out in a few years ....)!
Matt made a nice dinner, he let me take a nap after church ... in general, it was a nice day!
The things I got were nice, but that's not what made it so great .... I think it's just feeling appreciated. I really did feel "special" this Mother's Day. It's nice to feel appreciated, and I really am thankful for my sweet family. They did a great job, and I love them so much!!
3 little comments:
that is a nice day. Beautiful washer and dryer. Have you tired getting a hamper for each color of loads of laundry, like one for whites, one for colors, one for towels? than when its full, you just dump it in. You may find it easier or then you would have alot of washed and dried clothes but unfolded, Thats my worst, folding. I love doing but hate folding. This was a great post. Lots of love in it. AND YEah, whip out those coupons in a few years. hehe
Sometime you'll have to tell me the story of each angel, I's love to hear it.
Love the new washer and dryer - laundry will have a whole new meaning for you now!!!!! I actually almost enjoy doing laundry since I got my new units.
Post a Comment