Friday, April 11, 2008

Get to the Point


Today we took an impromptu trip to Point Defiance with Cori and her girls, and Aunt Karen. It was so nice outside, so after school I called Cori and asked if they wanted to meet us there, and they did! It was so fun. The girls saw crabs, starfish, tons of rocks and shells, mussels, seaweed, sand shrimp, barnacles, boats, kites, ferries, and a rusty nail with a piece of wood (Brielle especially wanted me to add that one), and lots of lovely water. It was a good time!

I had a nice experience with a woman .... I had Kate on my back in the backpack, and was holding Tessa and Callie's hands and was walking toward everyone else who were up a ways ... an older woman ... (70-75 maybe) was sitting down on the rocks and asked if they were all mine ... I said 2 of them were. So she got very gushy and said oh that's so great, so sweet (she had some sort of an accent) and she said that her mother had 6 daughters. Then I told her I actually have 4 girls myself, and she jumped up and almost started crying and said that is so great, and gave me a huge hug (you all know how much I love hugs from strangers) and just kept telling me, "God bless you..." over and over, and then said, "you're Christian ..." and just kept blessing me ... and then I walked away (well, I waited until it was polite), and when I turned around she was gone.

Now I am not saying she just disappeared, but she kind of just did. It was really weird. Nice though, that she was happy about all the sweet girls!

All in all, we had a pleasant time at Owens Beach ... a tiny bit cold, but nice.

1 little comments:

Stopher and Nicolle said...

I always thought it was our beach...lol. Glad you're having fun with your sister!
Nicolle "formerly Owens" Brady