Thursday, April 10, 2008

Breaking Down the House


Last night Matt started on tearing down the facade between the family and dining rooms to be able to frame in the new french doors we're putting up. This is what it looks like right now. As he was pulling and things were cracking and breaking Tessa came up to me and said, "Mom, Dad's breaking the house." ... I thought that was cute. Now she's scared to walk between the two rooms because she thinks it's "scary" ... I guess the unfinished look of it makes her nervous. Hopefully by the end of Saturday it will look different!

Exciting! (Happy Birthday Jack!!)

2 little comments:

Judie and George said...

This is very exciting and I can't wait to see it! I am still walking into my entry to admire the new doors, and everytime I go into my walk-oin closet, I thank Matt in my mind. I love it! There is nothing quite like a project that will last for a long time. It is so much better than laundry, dishes, or any other mundane chore that is undone almost before you finish it!

emily, etc, etc said...

That's funny. That will look so nice with french doors. I am wanting to do a similar thing in out basement. How fun. Make sure you take a picture of the finished product.