I liked this book. It was kind of like a Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings type, where the author has created a completely different world. So that, in itself is interesting; just learning the things about this new world that make it work. Then, you mix in the battle of good versus evil ... and that adds good twists and turns.
The premise is the good vs. evil .... the good, being the Forest Dwellers, and the evil being the Horde. The Forest Dwellers are small in number, and live in the last 5 remaining forests ... the Horde, are evil, dirty, smelly creatures that live out in the desert. They are trying to destroy the Forest Dwellers and their way of life. The interesting part is, that the Forest Dwellers must bathe in the 5 remaining lakes everyday, or their skin starts drying and their eyes start greying, and this "disease" takes hold ... they become Horde. Pretty weird ...
Since the Forest Dwellers have such small numbers, the leader of the army must lower the recruiting age from 18 to 16. Here is where we start the story. We meet some of the new young recruits and things happen from there.
Aside from the odd parts of this world Ted Dekker has created, the story is good. It's interesting and full of adventure and anticipation ... and also magic, which is fun.
I liked it enough to get the rest of the series. I think there are 3 more books.


1 little comments:
That sounds right up our alley...I will have to get this for Brian and I...thank you for sharing! :)
Post a Comment