Saturday, August 9, 2008

Truly Sad

Brielle: "Mom, which do you love more .... books or your family?"
Me: "Books of course. Why would you even ask?"

no, just kidding ... actually

Me: "My family of course!"

Don't you think it's sad that she even asked me that? I mean really ... I do love reading. A lot!! But of course I love them (my kids) more.

*sigh*

Oh the honesty of youth. What you see is what you get with them. (and apparently lately, I've been reading more than anything. I guess I need to readjust my priorities a little)

8 little comments:

Judie and George said...

I think that's a pretty cute little dialog. When I was a girl, my family hated it that I'd burn dinner because I was reading. When they asked me to make dinner, they always told me not to read while I was doing it.
This reminds me, the books Amber had are in a grocery bag in the laundry room, so if you come over, get your books. Sorry I didn't think of it sooner.

alexis said...

puh-leez. you are the best mommy ever, and if you didn't read so much you could potentially lose your mind.

Jesse said...

I know what you mean... and I like your blog!

Kelli said...

I love to read, but I can not concentrate with two little once. I end up getting them a drink reading a paragraph, getting them this or that and find I just read that parag again, then get lunch and found I already read that twice ect ect ect. or what did I just read, its so loud in here. I must have a lower IQ. hehe

emily :) said...

Sounds like the children in my house this week while I was reading #4!!! The comment I got all the time from Megan (who was my right hand slave during the read-a-thon) was "You like that book WAAAAY too much!!" She even wrote it on a piece of paper and stuck it in my book, so I would see it when I opened my book again! :) The sacrafices our children make for our sanity! :)

Stopher and Nicolle said...

LOL! So they do notice... I'm always envious of all the book blogs you do and wonder how you have the time. I don't have one kid and I don't have any time to read. Normally would have finished BD the first two days...still working on it. Have to force myself to NOT pick it up so I can get other stuff done. But Chris has asked me that EXACT same question before, I swear. It's too bad that some books make better company...lol!!

Stephanie Ann said...

I just have to tell I read the Twilight series and finished it this weekend and I loved it.The example you set by reading shows your children that you enjoy books and they will learn that book are a easy escape and that they can learn and have fun by reading.

Jen said...

I think it's great that you love to read...it's good for you to have something you enjoy doing! You are a wonderful mom and your girls know it. I agree with the last comment about being such a good example to your children by helping them to love to read, too. You've actually inspired me to take time to read by myself more, not just when I'm reading to the kids.