Monday, August 25, 2008

What did Zoo do last week?

Man, Matt had the week off last week, so it was filled with lots of things .... I didn't get on the computer at all. When I checked my email this weekend I had something like 100 messages and I realize it's been a week since I posted here.

Weird.

We did have a fun week though. We got the rest of our school shopping done. The girls needed shoes and now that is finished. (thank goodness)

We went to the Point Defiance Zoo which was nice. We went on one of the days that was cloudy and kind of "misty" so it was not crowded at all, which was perfect. The girls had a fun time. They especially liked the lemurs, prairie dogs, tiger and jelly fish. Tessa thought the "nemo" fish was cool too. Brielle and Linzi were a little amazed by the zoo person holding the tarantula. It was nice to have Matt there with us.Tuesday Aunt Karen watched the girls and Matt and I were gone the WHOLE day. Something like 12 or 13 hours. That was fun! We went to the movies (The Dark Knight) and had lunch out (Claim Jumper ... I had the BEST CA Citrus Salad), went to the temple .... it was a nice day. I told Matt that the last time we had a whole day together, not just a few hours, but a whole day .... was in Hawaii 5 years ago. Isn't that pathetic? Poor us.

Well, this is the last week before school starts. I have mixed emotions about it. I am excited to get back into the swing of things, Brielle and Linzi will be so much less bored going to school. But, I am nervous to have to get everyone out of the house and everything in time to drive the 15 minutes to school. I am sure we will quickly get used to it, but last year the drive was only 2 minutes ... so this year will be so much different.

I guess we'll just have to start going to bed earlier so we can get up earlier.

2 little comments:

Teri said...

How nice to have a whole week with your Hubby and then a whole day alone. I cant see that one happening to us for a while.

Cindy said...

What school are they going to? It sounds like you had a great week. It's surprising what one more person can do to our week.(especially if it is our sweetheart)