We had a meet and greet at school last night. The girls were really excited and nervous to see their new school and meet their teachers. We got there and met Linzi's 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Reuter first ... she has the classroom at the complete end of the school, but when we walked in Linzi looked happy. All over the walls were pictures of animals and other things, and there was a fish tank which Linzi liked. Her teacher seemed super nice, and there was also a young student teacher that she'll be having .... so it seemed good to me. After dropping off her supplies, we headed in the opposite direction towards Brielle's classroom.
Well, Brielle has classroom 1, so she is at the complete other end of the school. They couldn't be further away from each other .... Brielle's 3rd grade teacher is Ms. Melican. She also seemed extremely happy and nice. Brielle really liked her. She got to put all of her supplies into her desk, and while we were in there we met another little classmate who just happens to be a little LDS girl from a different ward. (thank goodness!) I am so excited that she will have someone to be with. It just happens that this girl is cousins with one of Brielle's best friends from last year, so that is fun. Her parents seemed just as happy to have their daughter have someone from church as well ... actually, Matt knows the dad, so that's good.
Anyway .... the girls seemed pleased with the school and their teachers and I think it all worked out great. (the sweet part was the root beer floats in the cafeteria ... Tessa enjoyed that part the most)
Now we just wait until next Wednesday for school to start and our life will change completely. The girls will be gone during the day more than they're here ... how weird. It really makes a parent hope that they taught their kids well, so they can make good choices, considering that they are gone and around things you can't see more than they are home. It's so hard to let go and not worry.
I guess we all worry a little.
4 months ago

1 little comments:
I am not even totally there yet and I am already worrying...I'm in trouble.
Post a Comment