Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Why Do We Need the Rain, Anyway?

It's SERIOUSLY raining. Brielle keeps thinking we're going to have a major flood and not be able to stay in our house, or have school cancelled. I told her that's unlikely.
Maybe because I grew up in a rainy part of the country, but I love to listen to the rain fall on the roof. I think it's a comforting sound. (as long as I don't have to go outside and be in it, that is)
The girls got to use their umbrellas today. I guess where we live, umbrellas are actually a good investment. I find myself thinking it to be easier just to get wet most of the time though.
I guess we're in for a soggy week.

5 little comments:

Kelli said...

can you believe it. I am going downtown later so I am going to snap a few pics of the river if I get a good location. I love the sound on the roofs also but at the same time worry about peoples homes so its hard to relax and enjoy it.

Jen said...

The rain is one thing I don't miss about WA. I'm so glad it didn't rain much while we were there...although a TON of snow came in it's place!

Becca said...

Being new to Washington State, this rain is what I expected, but still surprising!
Hi! My name is Becca and I'm a fellow marysville blogger!
I found you by clicking on feedjits link for marysville blogs.
Your girls are beautiful! How fun to have four of them and congrats on your new little blessing!!
Take care!
Becca
www.beccasfreshfruit.blogspot.com

familybrew7 said...

I love this post, I too find things look fresh and have a newness to them after a good rain and don't you just love the smell after it rains?

Joy said...

I also love the rain, being raised in FL where we have a good monsoon season. Refreshing thoughts :-)