Monday, January 19, 2009

Bored Already?

It's just barely 9:00 in the morning, there is no school, and Brielle is already crying because she is "soooooo bored."

I have given her many great suggestions to cure her boredom ...

  • clean her room
  • pick up the family room
  • play with her sisters (who are all playing upstairs nicely)
  • read a book
  • think of things to say that aren't whining

None of these have seemed to entice her.

Here is her list of things she wants to do:

  • play the PSP (we have a rule about playing electronic games when you haven't done your "chores" for the day)
  • paint her nails
  • get into all of Matt's Cd's and find one to listen to
  • take over the computer
  • lie around in the dark family room and waste the day on TV

I wish her list and my list were more compatible. She hasn't figured out yet that she has to do a little work to get to do the fun stuff she wants to do.

We sure can't wait until summer break!

2 little comments:

Judie and George said...

Isn't it funny how you can think of so many things if you are the mother?

Marsh Family said...

We have these conversations at our house all the time. Do you recall what I used to tell Lessley back at school? When she would say she was bored I would say I was never bored because only boring people get bored. That would get her. Perhaps Brielle is a little young for that one though.