Monday, July 28, 2008

Little Miss Artsy Pants

In keeping with my trying to be a better mom ... I am now trying to do a "craft of the day." The girls really love to color and do art ... so do I for that matter ... so I thought I would do little projects to try to keep them busy.

Friday's project was little foam hula girls ... they each got to do 2. First they had to glue all the parts on, and then today they finished them up with the glitter glue. After the glue dries, I'm not sure what we'll do with them, but they had fun making them.
This weekend's project was just new coloring books. They use the old ones so fast, and so get really excited when there are new ones to color in.

Today's project is coloring (using markers, which is rare here) wooden dolls. I bought them at Michael's on clearance (I think they were each $1 ... I bought 6) and they are doing just 1 today ...we'll save the others for another day.
They have a lot of fun sitting at the kitchen table coloring together. Unfortunately, Kate isn't old enough to really color, but she is old enough to want to be where they are. Lately, Kate climbs onto a chair, and up onto the table to try to grab whatever the girls are working on. They get seriously annoyed. Time will only fix that problem I guess.

4 little comments:

Judie and George said...

It looks like so much fun for them and there is the attention factor as well. Their efforts are recognized and photographed for your blog! I'll bet they love that. I know I love it!

familybrew7 said...

My Girls love to color too, Malia (5) refers to herself as an artist! We like to gather leaves and then glue them to construction paper making animals out of them..lions,elephants,birds, fish you name it..it is amazing how many different shapes of leaves there are. What gave us this idea? A book titled "Look what I can do with a leaf" by Morteza E. Sohi it is a nature craft book. Since we like to hike and walk for excercise I found this to keep the girls "entertained" while we hike, they look for leaves and there is no complaining..pretty fun, maybe your girls would enjoy doing this too..I love your blog it is always fun and your family is just precious!

emily :) said...

Love that idea! I was much better last year...I think we were home more during the summer last year. This year we just don't seem to be home much...parks and playing with friends :) If we ever have a down time, you have some great ideas!

Wren/Karen said...

Kate is getting right into it I see. She sure is growing up.