Inkheart, Cornelia Funke
This is a book found in the independent reader section of the book store ... with all the children's books .... but I really liked it.
Meggie is a 12 year old who loves books. Her father, Mortimer is a "book doctor" as she calls him (book binder) ... but one day Meggie finds out that he has a unique talent. When he reads aloud he makes the story come to life .... literally. Things jump out of the pages into the real world. 9 years ago Meggie's father read from a book called Inkheart and not only did some evil men escape the pages, but her mother was sucked into the story. Capricorn, a man so evil his heart is as black as ink, now wants Mo (Meggie's dad) to read from more books and release other evil.
This is an adventure filled with many great things .... fairies, evil monsters, fire eaters .... definitely a good book. There is a sequel which I plan to read called Inkspell .... and the 3rd book in this trilogy comes out this fall .... Inkdeath.
There is also a movie being made that looks interesting.


3 little comments:
I think the movie looks great and can't wait to read the book!
I would love to read the book. Thanks for all the reviews. I don't know how you managed to find the time to read... Anyway, I saw this funny blog that makes fun of all these crazy "Mormon" blog wives so I thought I would share the link b/c it's hilarious: http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/
Just another thing to read...I think Siri might enjoy it too if you want to pass it on...
I just got Inkheart!
Post a Comment