Quinn and I went to the dr. this morning for his circumcision. Matt met us there because I was scared to go alone. The dr. told us everything that was going to happen, he slept right through the explanation time ... poor little guy didn't know what was coming.
Luckily, she is a dr. who does a lidocaine (numbing) shot and also sugar water for him to suck on ... I was just afraid he was going to scream his head off. Somehow I decided to stay in the room while they did it, and I am glad I did. It was not as bad as I had pictured. He didn't cry AT ALL. One little tiny whimper when she did the shot, and that was it. What a brave little guy! The dr. was pretty surprised that he was so quiet, and said he will probably be a tough boy growing up.
The worst part of the whole experience was getting him dressed afterward ... he cried a little for that.
So it just wasn't so bad ... not traumatic at all. He gained weight too, since Monday ... he weighs now 7 lb. 6.5 oz., which is just about an ounce a day, right on track.
All in all I think I was nervous for nothing ... although I do have to change his diaper today, and that will be a little scary ... hopefully it heals well and we have no problems.
4 months ago

4 little comments:
Being a first time mom I was creeped out by the circumcision. Our doctor said that he finds the worst part is strapping the baby down so he can't struggle, while the actual procedure is a piece of cake. Chris and I opted to wait in the waiting room because I didn't have the heart to listen to Owen cry. However, when the nurse came and got us, she said Owen took it like a champ! I'm glad that Quinn did well (and you too!). He's such a good looking little guy.
so bring on the next 3 boys so you can be 4 and 4 right?
He is such a handsome little guy! You are brave to go in there when they did that, I didn't with either of my boys. Zachariah had his done before we left the hospital, I am the whimpiest of mom's, I can't even handle it when they get shots, pretty sad. I am there to kiss it when they are all done with the shots though :) I am so happy for you and the family!
Neither of my boys cried during theirs either - I don't think it is as tramatic as we think. Plus I think the numbing helps. Such a cute little man!
Post a Comment