Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Quinn Matthew

Well Quinn came early this morning. 2:33 am. He weighs 7 pounds and 12 ounces. 19 inches long. He has very light short hair, so it looks kind of like no hair, but it's there, it is just hard to see. He came out SO fast. I was only 5 cm dilated and then 10 minutes later I felt like I had to push ... the nurse checked me and said, "don't push, we need to get the dr." So the dr. came in and I gave 2 pushes and he was out, with the cord around his neck and body, and his hand up by his face. It HURT.
We're glad he's here. I just feel so relieved. He's been sleeping the whole morning, so it's been quiet.

Isn't he just the best? I'm in love.

25 little comments:

Heidi said...

He's gorgeous! Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

he is adorable!! Both my boys were born with their hand up by their face...and yes it hurts very much.

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! He is so cute! And he looks different than your girls. I can't wait to see more!

Andrew and Cori said...

He looks like such a little man!! So cute. Different than the girls, yet the same... He just kind of fits in. I think it's perfect. Quinten is waiting to play with him!!

Siri said...

Congratulations! I know it must be such a relief. He weighed the same as Jack. I guess we knew you wouldn't have a Cori size baby! So cute!

Judie and George said...

He looks so masculine. And he really does look different from the girls. I can't really see that he looks a lot like anyone in particular. The girls are thrilled and think he is perfect.

amy said...

What a little man:) He looks much bigger than 7.12! Enjoy him.

emily :) said...

Yeah! Congratulations :) Can't wait to see the little guy!

The Shumate Family said...

oh, yippee! I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Welcome to the world of boys... or boy, in your case. Hope you are feeling well!

Chalfont said...

Oh my goodness, I am cursing this cold. I want to hold this beautiful little guy! He is SO cute. He looks so- male. How wonderful. I can't wait to hold him!

Veronique said...

Wow Honor, he does look different from the girls. So cute. He does look very much like a boy. So glad he is out and healthy. Can't wait to meet him in person.

Kelli said...

lucky you it went so fast. how nice is that! he is so darling

Unknown said...

What a little cutie pie. Congrats, Honor!

Teri said...

Yeah, I think he just looks perfect. I'm so happy for you and your family. He is so cute!

Jen said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are so glad he is here! What a cutie he is and I'm glad you finally have your boy. What a fast labor! We look forward to meeting him sometime....good luck with the recovery.

Amy L said...

I agree with everyone else - he doesn't look like the girls. I love that you're in love! Congratulations, Honor!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Matt and Honor. What a cute little guys you have there. I would be able to resist falling in love either.

Anonymous said...

Let me type that again. What a cute little GUY you have there. I WOULDN'T be able to resist falling in love either.
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, he's precious!

Kacey said...

Congrats!! I have been checking back to see when he would come... And I am so excited for you and your hubby! A boy!!! I am just so excited for you. He's just handsome :-)

Simply, Sarah said...

He's perfect! Congratulations!!

familybrew7 said...

What a handsome little guy..he does look different from the girls which in my mind is a good thing being he is a boy! :) My 5th came super fast too..she had bruises all over her face because she came so fast..and yes it hurts, hope you are feeling better now and are enjoying having Quinn in your arms instead of the tummy :)

Anonymous said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!!! I can see why you are in love!!

charlene adams said...

Yeah Honor! Congratulations on your very handsome little guy. He looks like a perfectly fine young man to take care of all those big sisters. He will be so loved(dare I say spoiled) like only a baby brother can be. He is so lucky to be in such a fine family.

Cindy said...

What a cutie!! Congradulations!