Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Tessa Rose

Tessa is 4 today! I am SO excited for her. I can't believe how big she is getting.

Here is the story on Tessa:

Tessa was definitely a long awaited arrival. I had tried for years to get pregnant with her and it took SO long. (3 1/2 years!) We were very excited when she came.
She was born on August 17th, and weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces. (1 week early)
We named her Tessa just because we liked it, and the Rose is my middle name ... she's our third daughter, and I'm the third daughter ... it was quite fitting. The "big girls" (as we have since called them) were very excited to have a new baby sister.
Tessa has always been a serious girl ... she isn't super smiley in pictures and she is kind of shy in front of other people ... but at home she's funny and likes to laugh and play tricks and has the best smile. This year she has been into changing her clothes constantly. In general I find it pretty annoying because it creates tons more laundry ... so for her birthday we got her a bunch of dress-up stuff (and some hand-me-down dress up stuff as well) ... she opened her presents last night, so has had quite the evening and morning of playing fashion show.
A while ago she told her Grandma Katherine what kind of cake she wanted, so Grandma Kathy brought over a chocolate cake with pink frosting and sprinkles ... just what Tessa ordered.

I really love having Tessa in our family ... she's sweet and fun and spunky and sometimes completely impossible ... a gem for sure!!
Happy 4th birthday our Tessa Rose!!

1 little comments:

Andrew and Cori said...

We love Tessa too!! Happy Birthday, sweet girl!