Monday, February 2, 2009

Sick of it All

A couple weeks ago I was thinking how lucky we were to have been passed over in the sick department so far this winter.

I spoke too soon.

This weekend we have been so sick. It's been horrible. It started last week with Kate on Tuesday, she threw up right before I had to go to New Beginnings and Matt to school. Luckily, while Aunt Karen babysat, nothing more happened. Then Friday on the way to school Tessa threw up in the car. (I REALLY hate that) ... then later she threw up in the car again, A LOT. Well, I figured she had just gotten what Kate had ... then as Tessa was throwing up again (this time all over herself and the couch) the school called and said Linzi was sick. I had Matt go and pick up the girls because I was busy cleaning Tessa up ... and when they got home, I learned Linzi had been sick in the car. (luckily not my car again; Matt had the foresight to bring a bucket) So now we had 2 sick kids ... it was an hour later that I was feeling really bad. I spent the entire evening in bed, sicker than I have been in years. I threw up so many times and had a fever ... it was really horrible. The girls just vegetated on the couches like little comatose things ... so sad. In the middle of the night, Matt started getting sick. By morning, we were both feeling horrible, and I can honestly say, it's the first time we've both just stayed in bed the entire day before. I feel a little sorry for the girls, but there's not much we could do. By Sunday morning, Brielle was throwing up.

What a horrible weekend. Kate is the only one who didn't get sick this weekend (knock on wood) ... I hope this calls it good for our winter "flu."

Yuck! Let's hope none of you get this ... supposedly the school says it's been going around. There's something about being sick on top of being pregnant that just is more horrible.

Poor us.

9 little comments:

Amy L said...

You have my deepest sympathy, Honor! Although, if I did have the flu, I wouldn't know other than the addition of a fever. I'm just starting to feel better - and now Skyland has the flu (but not the stomach flu.) He has the high fever, runny nose, cough, etc, etc. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Kelli said...

my kids always get the flu for valentines day. So we have a couple more weeks before I get to clean up all that throw up (and we will be in spokane at my grandmas this year so we will see, but its been three years in a row for valentines day throw ups.

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

Nothing is worse than throwing up kids. I will do ANYTHING to avoid my kids coming in contact with the flu!

Knock on wood - it has been 3 years since we have had the flu. Knock on wood again (just for extra knocking)!

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you! We hope you feel better soon! Jennifer (Kurt and family, too)

Josh and Britany said...

It's so hard to be sick and still have to take care of sick kids on top of that! No fun! I hope you are all feeling better.

Cindy said...

I hope your feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I hope you all are feeling better!!! There is nothing worse than sick kidos!!!

alexis said...

melvin and i read this, with our deepest sympathies. he recalls all four of his siblings vomiting simultaneously, two of whom were teenagers (apparently this amplifies the horrible-ness) while his two (vomiting) parents tried to take care of them. apparently it was pretty traumatic. so we are very sorries, and wish you quick recoveries. i swear if i were there i'd ask to come over and help. poor girl!!!

familybrew7 said...

OH you poor thing, poor girls too! We were sick as well and it totally was soooo yucky! We too have not been sick like that in ages! Sorry to hear about you all being sick hopefull you all are doing better :)

Teri said...

All of our kids got it a week ago thank goodness its over, I'm glad that your all better.