Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And the Move Continues

We moved probably 12 bins to the new house today.  And took 8 bags to the Goodwill.  (and we have 2 bags of clothes sitting here for Charlotte)  That's a lot of stuff to go through!  I have cleaned out my closet, and gone through all of the kid's clothes ... they're sorted and separated by size. 

5 children really have a lot of clothes.  It's CRAZY!  But we have to save the big girl's outgrown stuff for the little girls and that just creates a lot of bins full of clothes.  It's downright ridiculous.

Tonight Mom and I went through all the yarn.  That doesn't sound like too big a deal, but the entire front closet top shelf is FULL of yarn.  Together we had a lot.  Matt thinks it's awful.  I think I won't have to buy yarn for a while, and I'd better start making hats and scarves and blankets now.

It seems with how much we've taken out of the old house it would look really empty.  And it does, but somehow it's still a messy - empty.  I hope it's soon a clean - every thing's out - empty.

Moving is a nasty business.  I really dislike it.  I know I say that every time too, but man, it's NOT fun. 

I hope it's over soon.

1 little comments:

Kelli said...

kevins niece has 3 girls in a row and she puts one dot on the oldest girls clothes, 1 for oldest, 2nd girl gets 2 dots on the label, third girl gets 3 dots, then as things get passed down, it gets another dot added to the label so anyone can fold laundry, like when she goes into labor and MIL comes to help out ect. just thought I would pass that on.