Well, today is our 10th anniversary. It's hard to believe that ten years ago today we were married. I feel like, in some ways, that it has been so much longer. And then in other ways it just seems like last week. I think, though, that this has been a great 10 years of life. I know that marrying Matt was a good decision and I am happy that it has turned out so well (considering how FAST it all went in the beginning).
Our lives have changed so much since we were married. 10 of the best things that have happened to us are:
- Brielle - that first baby is so exciting and different. I can remember both of us just sitting there, staring in amazement at our new little baby.
- Linzi - the first little while was emotional when she came because Brielle was so small, but life was fun with just these first two ... we were just the 4 of us for so long.
- Tessa - she came when we were living in my mom's house, so Matt and I had a lot of time alone with Tess; she slept in our room and spent a lot of time just playing on our bed.
- Kate - she has been the hardest, but also so sweet and cute. I can't imagine life without her.
- Buying our house - this was a long time coming for us, and we've really loved having a house to work on and do projects on.
- Going to Hawaii - I still think this is the best place we've ever gone together. Our time in Hawaii was like a movie and it just was so fun. I loved it!
.jpg)
- Matt's good job - we've always been blessed to have such a good job that has enabled me to stay home with the girls and given us everything we need.
- Staying Happy - we've definitely had ups and downs, but I think there have been more ups. I am still as happy with Matt today as the day we got married; actually, it's maybe better now than it was then.
- Always laughing - this has been a part of our life together that I really appreciate ... Matt always tries to make me laugh, especially when I don't want to. I love that about our relationship. Sometimes we laugh so hard we can't stop; it's fun!
- Growing together - I know that throughout these past 10 years, we have just grown together ... our differences have remained, but the similarities have been what has given us all the happiness we have. We have both changed but we have changed in the same direction ... I guess that's why we can still be happy after all this time.
I am really glad we found each other. I can't imagine what my life would be without Matt (and the girls) ... in general I think this has been the best 10 years of my life!
Now hopefully the good times keep coming (although I hear the teenage years are the hardest ... I am not looking forward to that.)

5 little comments:
Love this post! Love you!
Happy Anniversary, you two! Hope you get to do something fun to celebrate! BTW, we'll be home in December and would LOVE to get together...we'll talk soon.
happy anniversary! i still take some of the credit for your happy union. :)
Happy Anniversary! Two lucky ducks to have each other!
Happy Anniversary you guys! You have such a cute family. I'm so glad we have been able to become friends. You are such a great person. Your blog is really fun to read too!!
Post a Comment