Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hair's the Story ....

Having 4 daughters is a hairy situation. Every morning, I have 5 people's heads to worry about (including my own of course, which usually ends up in a practical and quick ponytail.) Brielle has started wanting to do her own hair, which is fine, but if she wants it to be up I have to still do it. And Linzi would have her hair not even brushed, but of course I won't let that happen. Then there is Kate who won't keep anything in her hair, and Tessa ..... who, even though we love it, has the curly hair. Curly hair I have discovered usually looks disheveled. It's hard to make it look "done." (the pictures of Tessa and Kate here are the "we're staying home today so Mom didn't do our hair" looks. And Linzi has been practicing not smiling for the camera and actually tries to look odd .... I think she's successful at it, don't you?)
Man, there's a lot of fixing and combing and brushing and whining that I am hurting and ponytail holder finding.

Whew. What a job!

4 little comments:

Jen said...

Oh Honor...you're such a great "girl" mom. I can't even imagine doing 4 little girls hair in the morning! It's a wonder you even have time to pull yours back in a ponytail! :)

Cindy said...

I only have two girls and Tasha is pretty much on her own. And for Callie we are grabbing a brush as we are walking out the door.But the hair isn't really an issue for us it's making sure they are dressed and matching when walking out the door.You are probably shaking your head right now but we got all the way to Scouts one night and Brandon didn't have shoes on.
Just think pretty soon you will be missing these crazy mornings. At least that's what people keep telling me.

Kelli said...

I hardly have time for Kimber and my hair. Good for you.

Josh and Britany said...

That is a big job! I only have Kylee's to take care of, I can't imagine 3 more.