Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Week 20 & a Name

That's right, I'm half way there.  *phew* I feel like it has been forever already, but it's on the downward end from here ... it's a good feeling!

So, I feel like there are 5 big milestones in pregnancy ...

  1. positive pregnancy test
  2. hearing the heartbeat
  3. seeing the baby/finding out the gender
  4. feeling the baby move
  5. going into labor/delivery!
I've already done 1-4.  Now I'm just waiting for the big day, and for the baby to grow big enough to get to that day. I'm anxious and excited and can't wait ... and yet I'm glad it's not next week!

We've chosen a name for our baby girl ...

she's going to be named Isla Ann.  Isla is like island (EYE-luh) and Ann is Matt's mom's middle name ... she had to have a name with double letters because all the other kids do ... it was quite by accident that that happened, but at this point we don't want to leave her out.  :)

Kate loves to talk about her baby sister Isla ... she's really excited.  Even Quinn can say the name Baby Isla ... too cute!

Now I need to finish this never ending quilt I'm working on for the family room wall, and we need to finish painting the new living/family room moldings.  Hopefully it will all be done soon so we can get started on other projects.

1 little comments:

emily, etc, etc said...

I love the name Isla! I have always thought it is a pretty name.