And no, I'm not talking about Michael Jackson.
Kate cut her hair.
Last night the big girls were pretending to cut each other's hair upstairs in their room apparently (don't get me started on that ... or the fact that there were scissors down low enough for Kate to get a hold of) ... Brielle brings Kate down and says "Kate cut her hair!" I look and realize she really did cut her hair and say, "AAAAAAHHHHHHH." Then Kate begins to cry, Brielle says she can't handle all this pressure, and I proceed to survey the damage. (It really was quite the scene ... very dramatic)
Right in the front of her head, she has cut the hair, leaving maybe 1 inch of hair ... in some spots maybe 2.
As I pull the shorn hair from her head, I look and realize her hair is no longer the perfect little girl coiffure. It is spikey and short in the front, and long in the back (although it may sound mullet-esque ... it is not that short in the front thankfully).
The only saving grace is the fact that her other hair is long, and can be combed over to hide the short pieces.
Now, it looks worse in person of course, but this is it ... see how in the front in the middle of her head it's shorter? *tear*

4 little comments:
but she has a sweet face !
Amelia did the same thing, but she was trying to cut a hair-tie out of her hair with scissors and took out a chunk of hair too!! AHH!
i think it's adorable. and i did WAY more damage to my 'do when i was about 3. go kate!
Ok, if I'm remembering the story correctly. When I was little I had spiky short hair, not because I cut it, but because Emily chopped it off for me. Ahhhh sisters.
Of course there was also the haircut you gave me Honor when you were in 7th grade and I was in 8th. I just remember you saying Ummm, let me even this side up a little...wait, now the other side is too long...I loved it though.
Post a Comment