So I have had the things I've been collecting for Quinn sitting in my dining room for several months ... in a couple bins and then overflowing on top of the bin. It has been a little unsightly, as you can imagine ... not very dining roomy. We just haven't had anywhere to put it all ... when you have another baby, you need another dresser or somewhere to put the clothes and blankets and things. That has always been the "problem" with each new addition. (we're pretty maxed out here on space obviously.)
So last night I cleaned out my closet and created space for Matt to build shelves (I have a pretty good sized closet for a 90 year old house). He came home from work, went to Home Depot and then came back and voila - a lovely space for Quinn's things.
Needless to say I got right on that. I went through everything, washed all the 0-3 month sized things I have, and the burp cloths and blankets, and then put it together.
I am happy with the result ... a slightly cleaner dining room ... a slightly organized closet ... and a baby who will have clean clothes to wear whenever he decides to come. (we do have 2 months left I realize)
That's one thing on my list that gets checked off ... (don't worry, there are still MANY more things to do)

3 little comments:
Looks great. I love organization, and being ready ahead of time. Makes life so much simpler.
Wow, Honor. I'm impressed! I think you have more boy stuff than me and I have had a boy already. I still need to get baby clothes out and wash them. Get the basinet out and wash sheets. We don't even have a car seat. I am going to have to get things ready. I literally have done nothing. Not even a package of diapers.
It feels so good for everything to have a place! :) Looks like you are pretty much ready to go!
Post a Comment