Friday, December 12, 2008

Seven Years of Good Luck

Linzi turns 7 tomorrow. It's hard to believe, but I suppose it's true. (really ... where does the time go?) I remember being pregnant with Linzi and having an almost 18 month old Brielle. I was excited! She was due a week before Christmas ... luckily, she was getting huge and the doctor induced me a week early.She was born December 13th, 2001. So sweet and big! (8 pounds 14 ounces)Linzi has been the most unique and interesting child. She has an extremely distinct personality, and she doesn't change for anything. I love that. I hope she doesn't lose that! (although, she's one of the most stubborn people I know, so I don't think she'll lose it.) When she was little ... people didn't think she could talk. At home though, she talked all the time, she just said everything in a whisper.
2004
Linzi's always had a "thing" for puppies. She would carry them around constantly when she was little, and she still would if I would let her.
2005
Linzi was our baby for a long time (she was almost 4 by the time Tess came), so she and I have always had a great bond. I love her laugh, and her insatiable need for "I love you's" and hugs. She is always so loving and helpful. (well, almost always)
2006
2007
When she was 2 (? I think) she swallowed lamp oil and was REALLY sick. That was scary. She was in the ICU and it wasn't good. I am thankful that she is fine now. At the time they told us they didn't know the lasting effects it would have (apparently the oil will never leave her lungs) ... so far she has been very healthy. A great blessing!!
2008 At this point, she is extremely camera shy, her favorite color is black, she STILL loves animals especially puppies (dalmatians when they're available), she likes to tease her sisters, she loves to read, she cannot sit still and is always bouncing here and there (sometimes that drives me nuts), she likes most "boy" toys, and would prefer to never have to wear pink (that is so signature Linzi) ... Linzi is the best daughter. She is fun and I am so happy she's in my family!!


Happy 7th Birthday Linzilu!!!

8 little comments:

Kelli said...

I love love love that picture of her in the hat. Such big beautiful eyes. ALl your girls are so cute. I see alot of you and Amber in there faces. (maybe your hubby if I knew him more than just pics. hehe)

amy said...

What a cute girl:) All 4 look the same to me.... you can definitely tell they are sisters!

Marsh Family said...

Happy Birthday to your Linzi (I call my Lyndsay Lu also) Great pictures! Happy Celbrating!

emily, etc, etc said...

We love her unique personality as well. Happy Birthday Linzi!!!!

Judie and George said...

What a beautiful post, and a good beginning for her life story too!

Stephanie Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Linzi hope it was good and you got what you wanted. We love you and thanks to your mom we get to see how big you are getting. You are so pretty.
Love, Aunt Stevie and Uncle Bill, and Cousins Alex and Mo!

OB12OLD said...

Happy Birthday, Linzi! Happy Birthday to the girl with a smile like a lantern spreading warmth and light. Grandma Katherine wants to add "Happy Birthday Linzi....I know you will have a fun day. It will be a good start for a new year being 7. I love you. See you soon. Grandma."

Deb said...

Tell Linzi that Sister Epperson says Happy Birthday!!! She's a great kid! :)