I've been thinking a lot lately about life and why we're here and what we're supposed to do while we're here. I find it so interesting to learn about ways to be better, to have more faith, to keep plugging away at living in a way I can be happy with. Reading my scriptures and other books has helped me learn and grow; not just spiritually, but in other ways as well. I find that my spiritual growth directly relates to every other aspect of my life. When I am spiritually fed for the day (after saying my prayers and reading my scriptures) I notice a peace and ease about the day that isn't there on days I don't do those things I know I should. It helps me be a better wife, a better mother, and in general a better person. (I still haven't figured out how to be a better housekeeper ... eventually maybe)
I guess I just feel grateful that the plan here on earth involves free agency and I get to choose what happens in MY life. I get to choose whether I listen to the Lord and obey His commandments. I get to be the one to control my own future.
I have such strong convictions on what I believe to be true, that I want everyone to know. I wish everyone could feel the way I feel. I believe that we are put on this earth for a reason. I'm thankful to know the reason I'm here, and to be living in a way that makes me feel happy about my future.
I really hope I can teach my children to find equal happiness in their lives. Part of why I'm here, I believe is to be a mother to these kids ... and I hope I'm doing everything I can to be all that they need. They are so amazing and wonderful! Sometimes it's the hardest thing I've ever done (many days a week it feels that way actually) but I always know it's the most important thing I could be doing. More important than any outside job I could have. I am so thankful I'm able to do what I do.
Anyway ... life is good. It's not always easy, but the hard times help us learn and grow. I guess that's what it's all about right? Learning and growing and becoming more.
4 months ago

1 little comments:
Ditto from me!
Post a Comment